Designed with Children and Parents in Mind
Accidents and sudden illnesses have a way of bringing the unique medical needs of children quickly and urgently into focus. At the Hilbert Pediatric Emergency Department at Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St.Vincent, our specially trained staff and child-sized equipment make an amazing difference when young patients need to be comforted and cared for fast.
The Hilbert Pediatric Emergency Department is the only dedicated emergency department for children on the Northside, and treats more than 20,000 children a year. The emergency department is open 24 hours a day and is staffed by physicians specially trained in pediatric emergency medicine and nurses certified in pediatric advanced life support. Additionally, the pediatric emergency team has immediate access to in-house experts in virtually every pediatric subspecialty through the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St.Vincent.
The Hilbert Pediatric Emergency Department is prepared to handle everything from minor emergencies such as ear infections, fever and minor cuts and sprains, to life-threatening illnesses and injuries. We provide an environment that is non-threatening and kid-friendly.
Features of the Hilbert Pediatric Emergency Department include:
- Private patient rooms, each colorfully decorated with wall murals that encourage kids to play seek-and-find games
- TVs in all patient rooms, with video games available
- Two radiology suites conveniently located within the emergency department
- Child life specialists who are on hand to help ease the fears of young patients and make them feel more comfortable
- A pediatric sedation service that provides sedation for children undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic procedures, such as MRI or CT scans
Children who require additional care can be admitted to Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St.Vincent, located just down the hall from our emergency department.
If you suspect a child in the Indianapolis area is
being abused or neglected, call 1-800-800-5556.