Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St.Vincent offers a variety of Pediatric Psychology Services to address the many needs of your child and family. These services are designed to assist you and your medical team in helping your child cope with his or her illness and to help your child use a variety of strengths to succeed by addressing both physical and emotional health. Consultative and therapeutic services may be provided on an inpatient or outpatient basis, depending on the needs of your child.
Consultative services are provided for children, adolescents, and families with a variety of needs, including, but not limited to:
- Difficulties coping with illness/disability
- Sleep difficulties
- Difficulty taking medication or following doctor’s recommendations
- Pain management
- Grief/Loss issues
- Unexplained physical symptoms
- Behavior difficulties related to illness and healthcare
- Social/Peer relationship difficulties
- Self esteem/image
- Poor health habits
- Toileting problems
- Coping with hospitalization
- Sibling adjustment difficulties
- Parental coping with child’s illness
- Managing child’s medical regimen
- School reintegration
- End of life issues
- Understanding medical information & communicating with the medical team
Our Pediatric Psychologist works closely with referring physicians and provides them with useful recommendations to aid with understanding your child more thoroughly.
For more information, or to schedule an outpatient appointment, call 317.338.3103.